The sound of your car is as important as the performance that it will give you. In this month’s performance tech, we paid a visit to MagnaFlow Exhaust. Most of the world knows MagnaFlow as a performance exhaust through the lens of the TV show Overhaulin’ but they are not new to the industry. With over 30 plus years of service to the automotive industry, they have evolved the Car Sound Catalytic Converter business into what it is today.
MagnaFlow Performance mufflers are 100 percent polished stainless steel and lap joint welded for solid construction and rugged reliability even in the most extreme conditions. They feature a free-flowing, straight-through perforated stainless steel core, stainless mesh wrap, and acoustical fiber fill to deliver that smooth, deep tone and are backed by a Lifetime Warranty.
With a MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust system, you can have both the power and the sound quality that you want and they have the dyno numbers to prove it. If you’re ready to have your car purr, let the MagnaFlow brand take care of your needs.
In this tech, watch as MagnaFlow exhaust specialist, Joe, hooks up our project HellDorado with a full stainless custom exhaust system.
1. Project HellDorado was ready to have a custom MagnaFlow exhaust added on.
2. The straight pipes were cut to the sizes needed to allow them to flow.
3. Joe started off by bolting down the flange to the exhaust manifolds.
4. The manifold was the starting point for this system as the car received a 2-1/2 dual exhaust.
5. The exhaust received an x-pipe which will merge the exhaust evenly, giving you an even tone and back pressure.
6. The exhaust was bolted to the frame as custom brackets were put in place.
7. The intricate piping was routed over the exhaust and over the axle of the car.
8. The mufflers were opened to allow the 2-1/2 piping to slip in.
9. Once Joe knew that the muffler fit well, it was going to receive a mounting bracket.
10. The MagnaFlow muffler was ready to finish up the exhaust.
11. The exhaust clamps were tightened down to have a solid connection.
12. This is what you will be seeing when you look under the Caddy.
13. Even with the car on the ground, the MagnaFlow exhaust tucks without hanging below the frame.
14. The intricate MagnaFlow Exhaust was ready to purr with its dual 2-1/2 inch performance exhaust mufflers.
Lucas Performance Oil Products Inc. Presents Lowrider Garage Tech Tip Of The Month
Lucas Slick Mist Speed Wax
In this month’s Lowrider Garage “Tip of the Month” series, we talk about Lucas’ Lucas Slick Mist Speed Wax. Car care is an important part of the car world and finding the right products to help our creations shine is priceless. Lucas’ car care products are always up to the task and today, we are focusing specifically on Lucas Slick Mist; one of three phenomenal car care products from the Lucas company.
Lucas Oil Slick Mist is a polymer paint gloss intensifier which can also be used on other surfaces such as glass, chrome, and vinyl decals. Use Slick Mist as a traditional wax, quick detail spray, or spray it on your vehicle between rinsing and drying for the easiest polish job ever. That’s right! Just spray it on a wet or dry surface and wipe it off. Slick Mist out performs the competition and will leave your finish slicker and shinier than any product on the market, with long lasting protection. You and Slick Mist can give any machine an extreme gloss fast!
- Premium Paint Gloss Intensifier
- Great for Cars, Trucks, Boats, and Airplanes
- Shines and Protects in One Easy Application
- Excellent Results on Chrome, Glass and Vinyl Decals
- Use on Wet or Dry Surfaces
- Quick and Easy
- Ease of Application
- Do not use any Slick Mist Products on floors.
- Do not spray the vehicle controls (Pedals, Grips, Steering Wheels).
- Do not use on motorcycle seats or tires, bicycle seats or tires.
- Do not use on brake drums and or any other surfaces where slipperiness may be hazardous.
To learn more about this and other Lucas Oil Products log onto www.lucasoil.com