Serpentine Pully kits have been around for years, and the explosion felt in the aftermarket industry has certainly made an impact on the market, leaving consumers puzzled as to which products they can trust to get the job done on their dream builds. Look no further than industry leader March Performance as they have become the go-to manufacturer for quality serpentine kits. The company, based out of Florida, has 25 years of experience in automotive performance products, and they can help you get the right parts the first time. With a vast selection and applications to choose from, they emphasize that making the best product choices will be up to a builder’s individual preference and style when it comes time to pick a system’s components. Rest assured that whatever your needs might be, this is one company that has it all.
This month, we dressed up our 5.3 truck motor with a reliable serpentine kit. After talking to March Performance, they put us on the right track as they suggested their Pro track LS-1, LS-2, LS-7 performance serpentine kit. This kit features an Alternator, A/C, and Canister Style Power Steering. Consumers love this kit because of the styling, price point, and its reliability; or in our case, because it was one of the latest pulley kits out on the LS market!
With a knowledgeable tech staff that is available to help you with any questions you may have before, during, and after installation, March Performance goes the extra mile in customer service. We took advantage of their tech support and called them to get a belt size once we finished the install; a process that only took us a few hours once we actually got started. Now follow along as we bolt on this March Performance serpentine kit!
1. The March Pro track kit comes complete with everything that you will need.
2. Talk about smoke and mirrors! This 5.3 looks like an LS1. Regardless, our truck motor was ready to be put on the right track.
3. The high output alternator was ready to be assembled and receive the fan and pulleys.
4. This alternator looked like a million bucks with the new pulley.
5. To get ahead, we added the cover to our air conditioning compressor.
6. With the cover on the compressor, it was smooth sailing as the compressor itself was ready to be installed.
7. The kit came with a brand new water pump that assured the engine would run at cool and regular temperatures.
8. To quicken the assembly, we installed the water pump pulley on the pump.
9. With the pulley and cover attached, the water pump was ready to be installed.
10. The alternator bracket and water pump were assembled at the same time.
11. We started of by lightly tightening the water pump as the other side will also be receiving bolts.
12. The alternator and spacer bolted to the head.
13. We bolted the idler pulley to the alternator bracket.
14. The idler pulley was dressed up, as it received a billet cover.
15. On the passenger side of the water pump, the OEM style tension bracket was bolted on. Once this is attached, it allows you to torque down the water pump to avoid any leaks.
16. This OEM style tension set up helps to give your car the custom look with all the reliability of a modern car.
17. The AC bracket was bolted onto the chrome plated Sanden compressor.
18. Putting the spacer and bolts through the AC pump made it easier to install.
19. The AC spacer will align the pulleys.
20. To make sure that the torque from the engine didn’t cause belt slippage, we also added this bracket to the AC pump.
21. This bracket was adjustable and needed to be dialed in before doing a final bolt down.
22. The L bracket kept the compressor from moving as it bolted the compressor down to the head on the engine.
23. After tapping out our engine block, we were able to bolt down the power steering base.
24. March Performance made it easy with their power steering pump, as they made the pulley a two-part set up.
25. With the base of the pulley press fitted on directly from March, all you need to do is tighten down these three bolts that keep the pulley in place.
26. When installing this kit, you will need to use a stock-style harmonic balancer from a 2001 LS1 Camaro. This will give you the offset that you need for the pulleys to line up.
27. The last pulley went on with ease and all that was left for us to do was run off to our local auto parts store and buy our 5-groove belt.
5820 Hix Rd.