11. Our next item on the agenda was to find a set of exhaust manifolds that would work in this application.
12. As you can see it was a tight fit, but these headers attached with no major problems.
13. For exhaust part of the build, we used Pypes stainless exhaust system.
14. The pre-bent exhaust attached and will flow smoothly as it was mandrel-bent for a better flow.
15. The throttle body was ready to plug in, but not before modifying the factory fuel rails.
16. The fuel rail was removed in order to modify it for a fuel line input.
18. We visited Alternative Hose in Anaheim, CA and Hector suggested this weld-on #6 AN fitting.
19. After a quick weld, the fuel rail and injectors were reattached.
20. As you can see, the fuel input will be easier with that #6 male fitting ready to accept the fuel line.
21. Wes helped out by laying out the harness.
22. This engine harness was easy to hide and really cleaned up the look of the engine. In the future, if we want to add the coil pack covers, all of the wiring will appear to be stealth and very clean.
23. We decided to keep the ECU, or computer, safe from the elements, so we had to cut out the firewall to allow the bulkhead on the harness to slip through.
24. The factory access panel was bolted back on and covered the hole, keeping the elements down to a minimum.
25. Here is a closer look at the harness and the engine computer before it was put inside the interior.
26. It was time to clip the harness to the computer.
27. With the computer plugged in, we just had to bolt on the drive-by wire gas pedal.
28. For an air intake, we used Spectre’s air cleaner.
29. We mocked up the air cleaner to figure out what other parts we needed from Spectre Performance.
30. The results came in the form of this 90-degree 4-inch tube that will also hold the mass airflow sensor.
31. Last order on the wiring menu was this power fuse block. This fuse block distributes power to the engine coil and accessories.
32. As you can see, the fuse box is protected for the elements with a cover. We are going to bolt this fuse box on the fender wells once the fenders are back on.
33. This engine was all wired, plumbed, and ready to be fired up!
10924 Murdock Drive
1131 Via Callejon
1720 South Carlos Avenue
Classic Performance Products
175 East Freedom Avenue
Gearstar Performance Transmissions
132 N. Howard St.
GM Performance Parts
P.O. Box 33170
1801 Russellville Road
Alternative Hose Inc.