Lowriders carry unique suspension needs in comparison to many auto genres. The stress caused by riding low on heavy frames alone can be tough on any suspension, let alone the rigorous workout they endure from hydraulics. For years, Lowriders have looked for ways to make their suspension systems stronger and more durable. The answer or solution is easy, you need to visit Currie Enterprises for your custom rear end! Currie has been in business since 1959, and they are known in the automotive industry for building some of the strongest rear-ends available for consumer needs.
Today Currie Enterprises is in East Anaheim, California. The company has grown in size and the product line has continued to expand. Currie Enterprises now has nearly fifty employees and boasts a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility. The Curries design, build, modify, test, sell, and install rear-end and drive-train products, and they do it all under one roof.
Whether for off-road applications, or in our case, a custom Lowrider, no rear end job is too small for the pros at Currie. No matter what the application, bring them your problem and Currie Enterprises will create the perfect solution for your needs. Now follow along, as Currie builds a rear end that will perform under pressure.
1. We will be seeing the build-up of this custom Currie Fab-9 rear end. The end results should be a rear end “on steroids” that should be able to handle the abuse that we dish out from our custom Lowriders.
2. The axle tubes were machined at the ends so they could be slipped into the housing.
3. You can see the flat section that will lock into the pumpkin of the rear end.
4. The bearing ends of the tube housing were also cleaned and left ready to have the ends added to them.
5. The bearing ends of the tube housing were also cleaned and left ready to have the ends added to them.
6. The housing was pre-assembled before spot welding the housing together.